I see these little videos on YouTube with people celebrating their favourite supplies of the year… of course they are all affiliated so not entirely sure how much I trust their judgements so instead I thought I would share my favourites of 2017!
Of course I couldn’t not mention ATCs given this year has been all about these small works of art. I challenged myself to create 365 in the year and I exceeded the challenge by a long shot.
I’ve made mixed media 3d cards, hand drawn cards, stamped cards and even pocket letters! I’ve participated in swaps all over the world and made most of my Christmas cards using ATCs as the toppers. So my favourite artworks of the year…
I think these stick in my mind as favourites… so in no particular order…
Halloween pocket letter
Work of art
I could go on… there were after all over 400 to choose from! So for now this will do.
So my favourite supplies for making ATCs are… pretty much anything I can grab quickly and smaller sized stamps.
Hope you enjoyed this little refresher on my ATC journey.
Will be back with another favourites list of 2017 tomorrow if I get a chance.
Some ATCs to share with you today that aren’t Christmas ones. These are my Anything Goes swaps for UK stampers forum over on facebook.
I started with three mini gelli prints using Paperartsy fresco finish paints and the gel press petite plate. I loved these mini works of art already!
Next I added glimmer paste through a script stencil and let it dry overnight.
Next up some stamping. I used the Badass artchick studio stamps with the paints to add more pattern. These stamps were bigger than the panels but that’s ok as the rectangles for the ATCs are bigger than the mini gelli plate.
Then to choose a focal feature. I decided to go with the Trish Latimer fairy and stamped the top section three times using the distress oxide and then coloured them in with the promarkers. Then I fussy cut them out and trimmed each of the ATCs to size.
I then decided which dairy went with each panel and started the process of adhering them.
Next i grabbed a sheet of printed words and phrases and chose ones I liked for each of them and glued them down and finished off by edging each atc with some seedless preserve distress oxide and adding some wink of Stella sparkle to their wings!
Love how these three came together and the mix of mixed media background style with the clean and whimsical image.
Another play in my Dylusions journal last weekend led to this spread….
I used a mixture of distress stain spray and distress oxides to create the background using stamps and stencils. As the colour was added over gesso it gave it a lovely pale and creamy texture.
I added the stamping of the circles from #badassartchick stamps across the bottom and then added some of the Tim Holtz tissue wrap in the centre of the two pages. I then added the swirly sizzix die cut and then the cute Trish Latimer fairy. I had coloured her with promarkers and then added the Art Alchemy Sparks paint to her wings and the star. I also splashed some of the sparks over the page to add the sparkle.
I absolutely love the sketchy nature of this focal image against the washy nature of the background so super happy with this page.
And yes another creation for the Paperartsy challenge over on their blog for using Hybrid inks.
Yesterday I shared some ATCs I made using new stamps I had got from Trish Latimer. But it wasn’t my first use of them…
I actually filmed my first use! And this is what I made…
This is coloured with promarkers and then collaged onto the background. The background has a spritz of the mica spray and then stamped the stitched circles from Artful Days Goodie box.
Then this one I stamped directly onto the background and coloured using the spectrum noir pencils.
Love these stamps and can see me grabbing them often to use on ATCs and cards!
I have no words for the terrible events of the last 24 hours in Manchester. Senseless tragedy.
I absorbed myself in artwork tonight and made two ATCs.
I used a new stamp and then used book print to paper piece the dress. I also added colour using inks and distress oxides.
I made a background from some map book pages and layers of the distress oxides.
Then I added the stickles on the star and the added the panel onto some blue cardstock. The second card was created the same but with a different colours for the girl.
So tomorrow is a new day and I imagine new horrors will be revealed about what actually happened but alongside this I am sure there will be many stories of heroes and helpers and human spirit which will always beat evil.
Love to Manchester.