For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their November artwork.
I decided to create a background using Paperartsy fresco finish paints and then chose a Visible Image stamp to emboss onto the background.
I wanted some contrast and chose some washi tape and a strip of alcohol inked glossy cardstock to go down one side.
Then to add some shimmer I stamped the smile for the same stamp set using Sparks paint. Love the shimmer to this. Finished off with the month stamp from Paperartsy.
Another distress oxide mop up on photo paper card!
Love the bright and joyful card with visible image stamping!
A couple of weeks ago my friends Karen and Mara joined me for some arty fun and we played with distress oxides (at Mara’s request).
I didn’t do much prep before the session due to a lack of time but managed to get some projects done during the night regardless using the usual techniques for using distress oxides.
Firstly we started with simple stamping!
This was using the Badassartstamps to create a panel in one colour family and then a focal point from some contrast colours with an overlay sentiment.
Second project was to do some blending and stencilling and water reaction.
This card has yet to have a sentiment added but hopefully I will be able to add one soon to finish it off.
Next up I created a background using the fabulous smooshing method.
I also added some stencilling, blended edges and of course the stamped wildflowers.
This was a bit of a two for one card too as I also created this next background by using the photo paper as a mop up.
This makes such a dramatic background and fab way to showcase the Visible Image stamp.
Love how different the same inks look on the different types of substrate.
Finally some gelli plate work onto different substances created this (albeit unfinished) card topper!
Had such a fun time crafting with my friends. Wish we could do this more often, but life is so busy it is not always easy to get together!
A few weeks ago I experimented with the new ranger alcohol lift ink and I made a panel with the Visible Image guitarist stamp and some of the star stamps.
Well I’ve finished the card off now!
I ended up embossing in black the stamped image over the lift ink to make him clearer but I absolutely adore the stars and the stamped off version of those stars on the right hand side. This ink is so clever!
Hope you like this as much as I do!
Today I have another three Artist Trading Coins to share… and more with a music theme… although this time for UK stampers forum swap.
I videoed the process and decided to decorate the wooden coins using a piece of paper rather than direct onto the coins.
I used the art alchemy paints and embossing to add different textures and finishes.
I love the sparks paint in contrast to the metallique background and the black gesso stencilled images.
This one shows the embossed stars too… I really went to town on the different layers of colour and texture.
Super happy with these and hope that the recipient likes them too.
I promised to share the cards I made for the birthday girl and her twin brother once they had been handed over… And so here they are.
Hannah loves dancing and so I thought this Visible Image stamp, with the little dancing people from a Creative Stamping magazine set worked well with lots of layered Distress Oxides worked well for a funky card.
I also added some splashes of shimmer on the background but that’s not visible on the photo.
There is also plenty of shine as I stamped the main image in versafine and then clear heat embossed it.
Matthew’s card has a similar vibe… albeit smaller!
The skater image is a Gummiapan stamp and the tyre tracks on the background are from a Creative Stamping magazine set. Again I heat embossed the image and then went to town on the distress oxides choosing blues and black soot for the colour scheme.
I decided to give the impression of a ramp for the skater using the sentiment stamp.
Even though this is only a 4×4 card it has plenty of impact with the graphic image and the layered oxides.
And so whilst I have a house full of girls (who are incredibly noisy!) it’s now time for me to put my feet up and relax as I’ve fed them and done the whole cake thing! Wonder if any of us get any sleep tonight.
A painty postcard to share today. I created the background using paints and a gelli plate. I wasn’t really thinking about the final finish, more just layering up some colours lightly. Once I had the background done I heat embossed the Visible image stamp onto the card and then chose the you rock sentiment.
Next I added some stars using distress oxides to stamp them and on a few I also added clear embossing too.
I then doodles the border and added it to the Lemon Lime twist cardstock.
Hope the recipient in the swap likes what I made.