Another CHNC design team project to share with you… This time Hazel challenged us to use the sentiment as the focal point… so I went for a clean and simple card.
I used a square acrylic block and the distress oxide to create a simple water colour background for the large sentiment stamp. I also added a few snowflakes to finish off the card.
It’s difficult to see but I went over the script writing with Wink of Stella too to give it some shimmer.
Hazel chose the theme of reindeer for this week’s CHNC challenge and I was very torn on which reindeer to use for my card as I have so many different stamps to use. In the end I went very different and chose a modern and non traditional image and colour scheme.
Never seen a pink reindeer before… but hey why not? I think she looks fun, especially as with the wink of Stella on top she is all sparkly!
The reindeer and sentiment are both Woodware stamps and I added sequins to the paper to finish off the card.
For today’s theme I just had to use the large word Woodware stamp for Jingle Bells… couldn’t not use it really! And I ended up making two cards.
Love the ombre look I got using my promarkers… and the background on the blue one is a piece of glossy photo paper I had wiped up ink from other projects on… perfect colour match for the project! Happy coincidence.
The video is now uploaded to here.
Yesterday we celebrated the wedding of Tracy and Mark in the beautiful lake district. Today I can share the card I made for them.
I die cut the flowers from some ombre cardstock and layered them onto vellum and a layer of kraft card and sewed it to adhere it.
Then the butterfly was using the fab watercolour wings and I did one layer of the butterfly into vellum and then another onto whisper white. The vellum one I then heat embossed with clear to give it some texture.
Underneath the butterfly I added some die cut flourishes and sprigs which I added ink to some to give some definition and the sentiment from a Woodware set on a die cut label. The finishing touch was lots of pearl gems scattered around the cluster.
Inside the card I created a panel and edged it lightly with the Wisteria Wonder ink and then stamped the butterfly using the same colours (2nd generation ink) as on the front and added the stamped message.
Really happy with how this intricate card looked and wishing the happy couple love and happiness for their future.
And as an aside the gift bag I got matches the card with the days schedule left in our hotel perfectly so I think I judged them just right.
Because I chose kraft as the base for my card I can also share it on the Paperartsy challenge blog... Love all the inspiration Darcy provides.
And of course I’m going to share a pic or two from yesterday…
Hi… Yes two blog posts in one day… And they couldn’t really get more different from the Christmas cards I shared earlier…to gelli printing mixed media joy now!
So I spotted via my lovely friend @craftytrog that there was a gelli printing challenge going on in March… And of course I immediately wanted to join in! @birgitkoopson is hosting the challenge… but the best way to find all the lovely prints people are making is to follow the hashtag… #31daysofgelprinting on Instagram. That’s what I did.
So here are the first two days of prints I made…
First prompt… circles. This was a print using Seth Apter paint onto black cardstock and I used stamps and a bottle lid to create the circles. Then I added a little smoosh of distress oxide left from another project on top.
Day 2 prompt… peek through
This time I used Decoarts Americana and Crafters Acrylic paints and used stencils to create some pattern and then punched some circles to use as masks to create the peep through circles. As this is quite translucent paint it shows the layers beneath even with the ‘solid’ print on the top.
In both cases I then made something with the print…
First one I made a card. I heat embossed the Woodware image onto the background and then added Distress Oxides as watercolours to add some colour to the image. Nice and simple.
The second one I am going to frame and hang in my craftroom.. just need a box frame as it is quite dimensional.
I added some stamping to the print along with some doodling. Then mounted it onto the lime cardstock. Then I chose some flowers from the Artful Days goodie box and a resin Eiffel tower. I added some distress resist spray to the flowers and inked them with Distress stains and oxides to give them a more textural and mixed media appearance. Then added the sequin centres.
The Eiffel tower I painted using black gesso and then added layers of paints including some art alchemy sparks paints to give it shimmer and shine.
I did cut some of the lattice die cuts from the petals and more set and added these and adhered everything to the background. Finished with some splatters of paint (of course!) and mounted it onto black cardstock.
Love how both turned out… looking forward to more gel printing projects during March!
Today is the birthday of one of the princess’ school friends and yesterday after school they had a party. So of course I made a card. Kept it bright and cheery just like the lovely Kizziya!
First I stamped the fun Woodware happy birthday stamp and heat embossed it then used lots of fun Distress oxides to give it a funky background.
Once it was dry I used peacock feathers to colour the letters in and give them more definition. Then I used lawn fawn stanps and dies for the square balloons. I stamped in the distress oxide and heat embossed it to give them a nice texture then added little strings before adding them to the card.
So happy birthday Kizziya!
I am entering this card into the following challenges…
Crafting with Friends -54 anything goes
Creative Fingers 140 anything goes
Emerald City Crafts challenge _ 5 anything goes
Jo’s scrap shack – anything goes