I am an on-the-side and increasingly up front papercrafter who loves nothing more than getting inky and creating pretty things with paper and stamps!
I am also a wife to lovely hubby and mummy to a wonderful 14yr old princess.
View all posts by Catherine →
So after the mammoth OSW I did last month, I decided to dig through the dsp to do another one. I chose an old (2014!) piece of dsp from the stash. This was a set called Venetian Romance and I love it.
I created 12 cards in total and loved pairing this old dsp with my new stamps!
I also distressed the dsp and the kraft cardstock I was using as a mat. This left a large amount of paper fluff everywhere but love the effect it created.
So I’ll share the first four tonight and then rest tomorrow.
So Birds and Branches is the stamp set for the focal images… such a beautiful stamp set.
This first one I added the panel of the craft card and embossed with the Pinewood panel 3d set. I also added the linen thread and the pearl as embellishment.
This card I added some stamping using the Birch background stamp. I also found some ribbon in the stash that seemed to work with the Calypso Coral colour in the dsp.
The Best Wishes sentiment I chose are from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set.
For this one I found a paperclip that was the perfect match too… added that as a different embellishment.
Love the way the four cards finished up… the stamps breathe new life into the old paper. So pleased I got to use it… after 6 years of it sitting in a box!
And for those interested I made up my template as I went along but these are the measurements… (I’ve drawn this out after the fact!) And yes I did and up with a spare 1″ strip but that’s because it was damaged on my original piece of paper!
It was my mum’s birthday on Saturday… we were meant to be going out to celebrate but the new quarantine for those coming from Spain has meant they are now self isolating for a fortnight… unluckily they arrived back in the UK just 24 hours too late to avoid it!
Anyways I did drop off this card for her and we will celebrate a little belatedly in a couple of weeks.
This card started as a colouring in exercise … a bit of mindfulness …
I stamped the Magnolia Blooms main image several times using different inks onto the whisper white cardstock…
Then using my promarkers I coloured a few in…
I decided the bottom colour scheme would be perfect for a card for Mum… so created a full 5×5 square of the images and coloured them all in.
I chose some coloured cardstock from the stash and some vellum and rose gold foiled cardstock to create some layers. I embossed the bottom layer and the top square using the Pinewood planks folder.
I then die cut the foliage from the Birds and More dies from the foiled card and added a die cut panel from the Everything is Rosy suite. I also added some of the rose gold mirrored dots.
Inside the card I used the Happy Wishes stamp for the greeting.
I also created a panel on the envelope too.
Love how this came together. I know that this particular stamp set isn’t available to buy anymore but there is a gorgeous Magnolia set in the catalogue that would work, or any floral stamps to create something similar.
Last weekend I grabbed some time to do some colouring experiments with a new stamp set I’d had delivered … From all of us. I thought this was a super cute image and it’s quite a large focal image so good to get some colouring practice on.
I grabbed some whisper white and some watercolour card and stamped it using a variety of inks to try some different effects…
And then I had a colouring spree…
Oddly the one I chose to play with first and make into something was the splodgy mess one…
I had made a right old mess on this and wasn’t entirely sure if I could rescue it. Well the monkey I decided was beyond rescue but the ostrich, bear and bird (toucan?) seemed like they might be worth salvaging.
A few colouring pencils came out to strengthen the lines and features… then chop with the trimmer… outline the edge and mount on white…
Yup… happy with this one!
I found the patterned paper in the stash and mounted it on green with the green stamped sentiment cut at angles…
All in all it made this a quirky and fun card! So pleased I persevered.
It’s a good value red rubber stamp set this one… only £20 for the 8 stamps in the set… and can’t wait to see what I do with the rest of the coloured images…. not sure they will end up looking as funky as this one! If you fancy this stamp set just let me know and I can order it for you… firstname.lastname@example.org
So I signed up to do a till roll swap. Rule was to make 3 foot long strips of artwork using the till roll. So here is what I made…
I did lots of stamping and used washi tape. I also added small bits of text print, raffle tickets, stamped sentiments and some correction tape and posca pens.
I added the main feature of the images which I actually received in a swap and some Paperartsy fresco finish paint. Then I used some foiling which I hadn’t used in ages so that we fun and pens for doodling.
Then I did a bit of hand sewing on each to add texture…. this you have to be gentle with or choose areas where there are other layers adhered to strengthen.
I also used my heat tool to make the thermal roll react which creates such a cool effect.
So these little thank you cards started life as an exercise in mindfulness. My anxiety was raised so decided to do some colouring in. Stamped out the Magnolia Blooms image in a variety of inks and set to with my promarkers for these ones.
Including some “no line” colouring attempts… (I used so saffron for the ink for these!)
I then used scraps from the desk from other projects and embossing to make up these little 4×4 notelets.
Each of them I also added something to the envelope to finish off, either a light brushing of the ink, or a strip of cardstock or another stamped image…
A lovely project and nice to bring some calm to my racing mind.