Gelli Plate, Masks/Stencils, Tim Holtz

Halloween Pocket letter 354-362

Spooky goings on in my craftroom… well spooky stamps and stencils at least. 

I joined in a project letter swap where the theme was Halloween as I wanted an opportunity to use my limited Halloween supplies! 

And determined not to just use my trusty oxides I decided to grab a selection of distress inks instead and my mini rectangle gelli plate. 

I love this technique for adding a simple background for atcs which has plenty of interest.

I added the ink and then sprayed water to the gelli plates and made all nine panels by layering the different colours.

Next I cut them up, masked the white edges and started applying black Dylusions paint through stencils.  I kept a few without stencilling too.  I made a mess on the one with the web later so made another one and didn’t add the web the second time.

Next it was time to add stamping… some were stamped directly onto the cards, some embossed and others onto pieces of white card and then cut out.

I then added a few extra features to some of the elements.  The pic above is before loose pieces were stuck down. 

I added hand drawn elements for embossing using the orange, clear and black embossing powders.  This added some extra fun to some of the images. I also added a little bit of water colouring for the witches face.  Next it was time to assemble and put them into the pocket letter.

I decided that a few needed some additional elements…. for some it was additional stamping and others it was some added bling… the cat even got some googly eyes! 

Here is how it finished up… 

I really love how it looks with those arty backgrounds and the white edges.  I’m going to have to keep playing with the gelli plate to make more like this… maybe for Christmas ones? 

I added goodies to each pocket and a little note in true PL style and hopefully the recipient likes the full gift!   

And as for the challenge… well that’s another 9… taking me to 362! 3 more to go! 

Happy crafting! 

Catherine 

Brushos, Watercolor wings

Brusho butterfly

This card is the finished card from the crafting session I held a few weeks ago.  I used versamark to stamp the base of the butterfly and then sprinkled on the brusho trying to keep it only on the versamark area before spritzing it lightly.

Once it was dry I then stamped on the rest of the parts and patterns of the butterfly.  To finish I added stickles and a layer of black cardstock to mount it.  I love the movement created by the brushos.  And love these colours.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Canvas and Mixed Media art, Masks/Stencils, Paperartsy - Eclectica Lin Brown, Paperartsy Hot Picks, YouTube video

Playing in my journal… out of the box

Today I’m sharing a video of last weekends playtime in the craftroom. I had nothing in mind when I sat down to play other than I needed to do something with colour! And the result… well I’m very happy with the final page. The video doesn’t cover the doodling which I did the day after to allow for everything to dry properly.

Here is the link to the video. 

Hope you enjoy watching the page emerge. 

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Swirly Scribble thinlits, Watercolor wings

Swirly scribble framelit card

I saw an idea on Pintrest that I wanted to have a go at using the swirly scribbles framelits to peep through a white card to a colourful background. Of course I now can’t find the original inspiration pin. But thanks for the inspiration whoever came up with the idea. 

I created a background using a couple of inks colours and some water.  Then I layered up the white cardstock and cut two panels to the same size (larger than the final die I used to cut them out). 

Then I took the white panel and die cut the swirls.  I then sat the main die back in place and then adhered the two side pieces onto the background.  I then adhered each section back into the gaps before I then took out the die cut. 

I then die cut the panel into a card topper. 

I love how this came out and then added the butterfly from Watercolour wings and edged the panel with the same pink ink. 

Finally added the little glitter gems to embellish 

Happy crafting!

Catherine 

Brushos

Brusho mop up ATCs 352 & 353

Hi…

Today I have two ATCs to share where I used mop ups from playing with brushos to create some ATCs featuring magazine collage elements.

Both of these have a background of a few brusho colours where I just dipped the paper in and mopped up after another project.  This gave them a loose and delicate watercolour appearance.

To these I added the flowers I had cut out of a magazine.

I also added the stamped and embossed sentiment and some outlining of both the image and the edge of the panels, before adding them to red cardstock bases.

Love how the delicate flowers and background contrast with the bold sentiment and the black outlining.

Happy crafting!

Catherine 

Tim Holtz

Poisonous inchiesĀ 

Hi

A quick post with some inchies I made for a swap… 

I added some Tangerine Tango and Tangelo Twist ink to the mixed media cardstock. I then added some stamping using the Tim Holtz stamps. Then I inked the Poison stamp and stamped that.  I also added a little Dusty Concord sponging to the edges. 

Cute and spooky! Love them.

And then a mini disaster struck… one got lost in the post. Yes the envelope carrying these and some other swap items got damaged and one Inchie slipped away. So I had to make one more to send onto the swap organiser (didn’t want anyone to go short!) So I made this… 

Same technique and colour and a different focal stamp! 

Happy crafting! 

Catherine