Whilst doing the zoom crafting sessions with my friends I hadn’t got quite enough supplies to make the same cards up… so I used the Whale of a Time dsp and some coordinating cardstock. I die cut some elements that I thought would work as seaweed too.
Here they are…
Love how fun and bright they are!
A couple of the sheets of paper are perfect for cutting apart and so I could use the whales and turtles as focal points.
I also added in some linen thread on a few.
For all of them I used the sentiment from the From all of us stanp set.
I have another one sheet wonder to share using the long since retired Winter Frost Dsp. This time the paper was a lot darker and bolder than the other ones I shared previously. This led to me wanting to add vellum to add a lighter touch to the cards.
Here is the cutting guide I followed…
… and here are all but two of the cards I made.
The remaining three panels (1,3,4) are the 4×4 panels which when they have a mat are too big for these a6 size cards. So I will share those another day!
As you can see they turned out to be quite busy cards with the embossed vellum adding a second pattern as well as texture!
I decided to steer away from stamped images completely and just use coloured cardstock with the white to create my wreaths. I mixed up the different wreath styles and added in foliage and flowers.
I chose to use either Basic Grey, Smoky Slate or White card blanks and cut them lengthways so they open on the left and stand easily even in this landscape format. I also backed most of the panels with a panel of basic black to give a lighter edge to the vellum panel.
Card 1: to be shared another day
Card 2: I actually turned this into two cards…
Card 3: to follow another day
Card 4: to follow another day
I love the Wreath Builder dies so much but must admit I also added some of the dies from the Forever Flourishing set too just to add some variance to the foliage on the wreaths.
The sentiments were both from the retired Good Greetings stamp set.
I loved adding the pop of pinks on these cards and also how the vellum over the patterned paper on some cards gave it a different look.
I went through scraps of ribbon to make teeny tiny bows for the wreaths too and added the little adhesive snowflake sequins as a little added embellishment.
I chose for those not mounted on white card blanks to make an insert for them… I did this using one sheet of white to create four inserts. I stamped in a cross and then cut it into four parts and then trimmed it down so they were slightly smaller than the card blank.
When I share the three remaining cards I made from this OSW I will link back here so you can see them all.
Another day, another set of coins… this time for UK stampers forum swap…
I went with a bit of simple stamping using the beautiful flower stamp from Fancy Phrases.
I started with base painted with Cheesecake and Prawn fresco finish paints. Then stamped in sepia archival. I then added a little more paint using the cheesecake and guacamole to define some of the Flowers and leaves.
I also added some sparkle with the shimmer ink and splattering it all over them.
I decided to add a strip of washi tape and the sentiments which I’d stamped on prawn painted cardstock.
I also added some gems I found in the stash.
Love how delicate these are. They are sort of vintage with a pop of modern with the prawn and the glitter.
Another one sheet wonder to share with you, this time using am old piece of patterned paper I was gifted which has a vintage feel so I teamed it with browns and creams and used the fabulous Peace and Joy stamps and dies to decorate.
Used a similar one sheet wonder as the one I shared last month using the Merry Moose stamp set but changed up the first card as I made an error when cutting and also added the slim panel for 5 into card 3 as I made an error putting them together thinking there should have been 4 strips not 3!
I mounted each of the panels onto the Early Espresso coloured coredinations card (I’ve found a stash of this in one of the boxes in my craft room so was happy to use it again). Then created panels using cream laid paper and very vanilla cardstock.
Once again I went to town with embossing and added some ribbons from the stash on most of the cards.
The focal images of the Peace and Joy set I did in a few different ways. Either I stamped them in Mossy Meadow or Soft Suede and then added a layer of die cutting. With the very narrow dies I generally layered them so they were two or three tall. And the glimmer paper came out again just for a few bits. And yes there is glitter everywhere as a result. (I will never buy it again… so must use up my stash and get rid of it!)
Love how they all came out and think that the Peace and Joy bundle is one of my favourite ever sets for versatility. It just works so well for creating features as well as little elements such as the holly leaves which create lovely embellishments.
Creating all these cards probably only took about 3 hours if that! You can get in a nice rhythm and almost do it as a conveyor crafting session … paper and card cutting, then stamping, then die cutting and fussy cutting, then sorting layouts and choosing ribbons, then embossing, then adhering. Or at least that’s the way I did it. So ideal if you are a last minute Christmas card maker and haven’t started yet.
I can really recommend the Peace and Joy bundle. And at £42.50 for the bundle it’s not a bad price considering the versatility.