Yesterday I took myself out for the day to craft with my friend Helen who is a Stampin up demonstrator and great teacher. She had planned a one day class using some lovely products from the Oh so succulent range (Oh so succulent stamps and Succulent garden dsp) and we made cards to go in the tin that’s in the saleabration. I had a lovely day following Helen’s instructions (sort of!) and managed to make 7 cards and have oodles of supplies left to make more to go in the card tin… which I’ve planned to give as a gift to my auntie.
Here is the tin…
Right now here are the cards I made following Helen’s designs and instructions… on most of the cards I also decorated inside the cards… not something I often remember to do but thought it would be a nice touch for my auntie. I also did some simple stamping for the envelope too.
This was the most time consuming one I made as it involved lots and lots of masking but love the effect I got in the end. I did go a bit dark with the inking through the mask but still I love it.
The colour scheme was so pretty for this project… I love the sugar Plum pink and the mint macaron in particular. So pretty.
Helen had the matching framelits available for us to cut all the stamped images and Daisy flowers out. They did speed up the process a lot and I wouldn’t have wanted to fussy cut all the flowers out but I still am not a fan of framelits so I will have to use the good old fashioned scissors next time I use this set.
I do however love the Daisy flowers that are die cut from this set. They are super cute… and having seen what others have created using the larger succulent dies they are amazing. So I can see the value in getting them… even if it’s unlikely I would get them myself.
I chose, as Helen had, to make the cards tent fold. I much prefer this … or even to make them landscape … I think it’s a more unusual fold and makes the cards look elegant. Plus when cutting your own card blanks you have the freedom to do this and otherwise these are an expensive card blank type to buy.
So those were my take on Helen’s designs. I then made a card using scraps from the off cuts and a tiny bit of stamping…
…as you can see I changed the envelope for this and also the card looks so different without dsp!
I also made three ATC’S from some of the scraps on the table but not quite finished them yet so will post them when I do.
As per usual for Helen’s classes, there is a ton of product left as she is suoer generous, so have enough to make three more cards on white card bases and then probably at least another ten cards if I was to use some precut card blanks or even some of the coloured cardstock she’s included too. Maybe by the time my auntie gets this for her birthday in March it will be funny with plenty of lovely cards to last her a while.