Last weekend was Darcy’s birthday but with one thing and another I was late making her a card. I finally got there though and this is what I made.
I will go through the process for this below but I must admit there are 6 atcs not yet finished that go alongside this!
I decided to have another go at the masks and texture paste idea for the Paperartsy blog challenge that Ingrid had inspired me with.
The starting point was a piece of dsp which I had cut a chunk out of for another project. Then some patterned tissue adhered to it.
Next the modelling paste through a stencil. The stencil is a Clarity stencil and definitely counts as a mask in my book!
Whilst the paste was still drying I added Brushos and water to blend them. I chose ultramarine, purple, violet and prussian blue. Then I left it to dry.
Once dry I cut 6 panels for atc and a panel for Darcy’s card.
I dry brushed the panel with some gesso to tone down the colour a little. I then decided to outline the texture with a white gel pen. Then I added a strip of ribbon and adhered it to a card blank.
Now for the feature image. I chose a flower stamp and stamped it onto book print three times. I added Brusho scarlet and violet to each of them and then decoupaged them as three layers.
I finished with a bow and the sentiment and a little doodling.
Love how this came out. I love the texture and the pigment variations and the layers I got with the flower. Hopefully Darcy doesn’t mind she received it a bit late!