Today I’ve got a postcard swap to share with you. This year does seem to have involved a lot of swaps so far!
The theme for this one was clocks. I started with the base card and coloured it with distress stain in abandoned coral. I did try to then bleach a pattern with water but it didn’t work… Can’t seem to get the timing right! Never mind… So instead I stencilled using the distress oxide over the top… but didn’t like the look of what I had done so covered most of it with another panel.
This is the same stencil but I spritzed the distress oxide and laid it down on the panel. I love how this came out with the cogs and clock parts. Next another stencil and this time iridescent medium.
Wasn’t sure at this point if I wanted it landscape or portrait. But once I started on the feature images I decided on portrait. Of course I also got carried away and forgot process pics!
I added a strip of book print that I had added paints to and then some splotches of Fossilised amber distress oxide.
I then stamped the clock on a piece of cardstock and used the distress oxide to colour it adding lots of water. Once dry I cut it out and heat embossed the whole piece with clear powder.
I doodled a border and then once I’d added the sentiment sticker and the clock I had stamped, I used Inktense to add some shading and a final splotches session with the distress oxide.
The finishing touch was some opal magic flicks onto the whole piece to add some glimmer.
Love all the layers and colour this has. Really pleased with the end result… the beginning was a little worrying if I am honest! Goes to show perseverance is the key when the mojo is failing.