Today I have a postcard swap I’ve made for UK stampers forum on facebook. The theme for this month is ‘numbers’.
I started my postcard with some bookprint… the index from an atlas… plenty of numbers on that.
Then I added modelling paste through a Paperartsy number stencil in places… more numbers.
Then some gesso and some Bistre powder and water to create the vintage background. I then took an Andy Skinner stencil and added some more numbers using distress oxide inks.
I then used some archival ink and a sponge to add some more colour and depth to the raised numbers. I then decided on the Banksy stamp for the focal image and stamped it onto cream card and cut it out.
I decided that the background needed something more and added little bit of text stamping using a magazine freebie stamp. Then added the title. I also added a little more ink around those raised numbers too!
Mounted it onto some Brown card as the postcard needs to go through the post and wanted it to be extra sturdy!
Hopefully the recipient will like it.