So today’s post is a about a postcard I made several weeks ago for a swap for halloween…
I started with a base on which I added lots of the seedless preserves distress ink. Then I took another piece of cardstock and added lots of orange and yellows. Then I added distress glaze through a stencil and then added the ground espresso distress stain over the top. The distress glaze provided some resist but it wasn’t very precise. But I didn’t mind I still like the effect.
Next I tore the piece to add onto the top of the seedless preserves piece and glued it down.
Then I started heat embossing… first the sentiment and spider in Black powder. Then I added the outline to the torn piece using the embossing pen and black powder. Then I added the stenxil back over the top and pressed versamark through and clear embossed… this provided some fab texture. I think you can see it best on this closeup.
So I loved creating this spooky postcard and I hope the recipient enjoyed it too!