Quite some time ago I wiped off a few stencils onto a page in my Dylusions journal and also added some texture paste that I had coloured through a Seth Apter stencil and then just left it be… well on Friday I decided it was time to finish that page and this is what I ended up with.
I added Inktense over the full page using the blocks and then adding water to give it a wash. I also added some white gesso and then more Inktense using the pencils and waterbrush to activate.
I added a little bit of stamping using the Gummiapan text stamp and archival inks. I also added some doodling with charcoal which added some interesting effects.
Then I added some sentiments/titles using the distress oxides and clear embossing powder. These are some Visible Image stamps.
Of course I also added splashes … I’m addicted to my fan brush! … of both white gesso and the dark blue inktense.
Super happy with this page and how it ended up… not bad for a work in progress of about 18months!
1 thought on “Finishing off a journal page”
Strong finish. Great layering and detail.