Rebecca’s envelope journal was a strange but wonderful construction and she had not bound the pages which made this a lot easier to work on.
I actually videoed the process so here is the link to that.
And the page…
I had no plan before I started but wanted a page with lots of texture… and of course my medium of choice recently… Brushos!
I then decided it was the perfect canvas for Darcy’s new stamps.
What I didn’t show on the video was the stitching I did to frame the piece using the sewing machine. I used a couple of different colour threads and different types of stitches.
Also after the page was finished I had to do the flaps that fold in… so I chose to stick to the Darcy stamps but chose an older set and did some basic painting to make them contrast but work with the art on the inside.
There was also the front and back to be done… but that will have to be for another blog post.
Hope Rebecca likes the whimsical gentle page I did for her.