Distress oxide ink, Gelli Plate, Masks/Stencils

Halloween ATCs … #31productschallenge

Today I have six ATCs to share with you which I made of over a few days at the beginning of the month for a swap but also as part of the #31productchallenge on Instagram that Birgit Koopsen is hosting. The idea is to use a different product every day for the challenge… so this was the first project I worked on for the challenge.

I started with the mini gelli plate and used distress oxides to create these backgrounds … I love this technique and it is so addictive once you get started! Hence the more than 6 backgrounds!

So day one was distress oxides.

Day two was versamark and clear embossing through stencils… ok that’s more than one product but you can’t clear emboss without versamark and I wanted to stencil not stamp! I did do 6 but only pictures of 4 of them here…

… next I wanted to add the black in and have the clear embossing as a resist. So I chose Versafine to add black in with the blending tool.

This resulted in some dramatic backgrounds and it was at this point I had cut the mountboard to the ATC size.

Next it was day 4 and I decided to grab my copper acrylic ink and use that…

I splashed some on the backgrounds of three and also cut and painted some dried baby wipe to add as a layer on these three cards.

Day five I added copper thread and the focal images for these three cards.

I love how these were coming together…

Day 6 I decided to grab a gel pen and do some doodling on these three cards and also added some to the other three backgrounds.

Day 7… time to work on the other three cards and this time I grabbed some different embossing powders…. white and green … so although I had used clear embossing earlier I decided these were used differently and are obviously coloured so they count as a different product!

And so this is the finished ATCs I made over the course of 7 days using a different product each day…

The photo above was taken with the flash on at night which shows some of the texture and shine… but the next one was in daylight and they look so much better in the real light.

Hope you enjoyed this walk through.

I’m still going with the challenge … and for the next project I used a couple of those backgrounds I made but for a different project.

Happy crafting!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.