Another little watercolour painting, this time following a tutorial on Facebook from LillyPea designs.
This was a beautiful bee tutorial.
I started with drawing out the image…
And then colour blocking…
It was at this point I realised I had added black to the wrong part of the bee… so then I had to improvise a new style of bee!
The wings were interesting, as the brown was looking odd at the beginning.
I had a lot of bleeding on the yellow at the bottoming decided to go with it.
Loved doing the legs and adding shading and texture on it.
There were a few more layers on each section and then started adding in the background colour of the turquoise and blue.
The final stages included lots of little marks using watercolour pencils and then my favourite thing… splatters!
Love love love this!
The whole painting is 8×8 so I am going to frame this in my craft room.