Last weekend I grabbed a stack of distress inks to make a background inspired by Jennifer McGuire but ended up not using the two that I made originally but instead the ‘fail’ background and made that into a card. If you fancy watching it come together I did video the whole thing.
If not … read on!
So the background was made by using distress ink resist mono print type technique. But this one didn’t come out very clearly so I decided as it was pretty to carry on playing with it regardless and come up with something. It ended up quite grungy and I love it!
I used the Gummiapan alphabet stamp and then lots of splatters. Then the Stampendous stamp that had been used as the resist pattern originally.
Then I picked out some new to me dies (I know no spend but I bought these with the money I had used selling stash so I’m not counting it as spends! – yes I’ve found a loophole in my no spend resolution I’m willing to work with!)
Anyways I die cut some leaves and the circle in white and stacked them up.
I grabbed the denim blue ribbon and added that before adding the banner and sentiment. I also die cut the little circles from the same cardstock and die set and added wink of Stella and used them as gem type embellishments.
I used Rich Razzleberry as the base and added a layer of white to frame the background panel and added white inside to make sure it was good for writing on (but didn’t decorate the inside).
Really pleased with this inky card and what’s more from the play I ended up with another three backgrounds to play with.
I did end up using one of them straightaway and filmed another video but I’ll blog about that once I’ve got round to editing and uploading it!
2 thoughts on “Playing with purple distress inks”