Today I finally get to share what I made for Chris’ circle journal. She had made her journal using cardboard envelopes… so fab and very unlikely to fall apart with using mediums on them as they are nice and sturdy. She also had a fab idea of giving some prompts and the one I had for mine was to include numbers of different kinds on it. So I went to town with the numbers!
Here was the first layer I created.
I used plenty of soft and earthy colours of Fresco finish paints to create the background and then added stamped numbers from lots of different Paperartsy sets.
Then using an Andy Skinner stencil I added some iridescent medium. Then I left it to dry.
I must admit I still wasn’t sure what to so with this page next. I grabbed some paper that had an index from an atlas on it, ripped it and added distress oxide in fired brick and vintage photo and then the mojo started to work properly. Next thing I knew I had been sewing on the machine and by hand, stamping the main image. Stamping and embossing with frantage and I had this lovely sewing themed page.
I am so pleased with how this ended up. I really had no idea where to go with it but it came together beautifully and I enjoyed making it immensely. Just hope Chris likes what I did.