Another of my teal and lime pages for a circle journal and this one is for my raggy doll sister Marie.
She created a fab bunting journal from canvas sheets. And that gave me the idea of fabric and sewing. And given how poorly I was meant that I could do some of this crafting whilst in bed.
I started strangely with a piece of felt and sewed each scrap of wool, fabric, ribbon and twine onto it using hand stitching.
Absolutely love this background and must remember to do something similar again as I have so many scraps of twine and ribbons.
Next I took a Jofy stamp and stamped it onto some fabric using Archival ink. Then used Inktense pencils to add some colour to some elements.
Which I then sprayed heavily with water to activate the Inktense.
Once dry I started sewing in some details and added some sequins. I am far from the best embroidery person… but still it was fun, and easy to do in bed!
I cut it out and gave it a reasonable amount of a border so it would stand out on the busy background.
Next to prepare the bunting background which I decided to use Sparks paint in the black to sponge around the outside.
Then I added some black gesso as contrast to the sparkle and break it up a little.
Time to put it all together…
An Art by Marlene sticker for the title… and lots of glue to hold it in place.
I am soooooooooooo happy with this piece and love all the textures I added. Especially considering that I am ordinarily not a sewer!
Hope Marie likes it too. I will share what I made for the other side in a couple of days!