I had some leftover pieces of patterned paper and I just couldn’t bear to throw them away …. and so I decided to cut them into strips and have them create a new patterned paper! I then sewed down the edge of each side of the strip to secure them in place.
This created a lovely panel for a longer line card (DL). I mounted it on Blackberry Bliss which teamed perfectly with the papers and then had a hunt through the stash for an image to work with the panel.
I settled on this image which was a digital stamp printed and coloured with promarkers. I fussy cut her out and then decided an oval shape would look nice for her to sit on.
After die cutting the oval I grabbed my embossing folder and made the oval all textured and this pattern worked well with the papers.
Now for the card base. I made it out of Smoky Slate but I added a splatter of black wink of Stella so that it had got some interest going on. Then I added the main panel and image.
I embellished with some sari silk ribbon in a bow and some lavender shaded pearls and the bright pink sentiment strip!
So cute and a lovely card considering it started as scraps of paper.