Hello! Have another set of coins to share today where I used the time theme.
This time some distress ink backgrounds which I then added some glass bead gel through a stencil. I then added the stamped image and then added a stamped word.
Some fun dimension for these.
This evening I am going to celebrate the marriage of Jayne (one of my raggy doll sisters) and Simon along with a few of my other raggy doll sisters. I can’t wait!
So as by this time I will be partying this is a scheduled post to show you the card I made.
I chose to use Spellbinders dies for the background and then Stampin Up Petal Palette stamps and dies for the floral elements and the Mr and Mrs stamp again from Stampin Up. I kept to a soft pink colour palette using two tones of pink cardstock and watercolouring the flowers which I had embossed in the champagne embossing powder.
I gave the elements some dimension with foam tabs and added some dots of liquid pearls around the focal images.
Love how this all looked. The inside of the card is similar but a lot more simple…
Leaving me plenty of room for my message of love to the happy couple!
So happy for Jayne and Simon. May they enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.
I am a little late with my blog post today for the CHNC challenge. Sorry! But better late than never the challenge is to use silver and I decided to use both some silver embossing powder and some silver sequins to decorate my green card!
I used some patterned paper and green cardstock mats and gave the paper and the cardstock a little bit of edging with ink and then embossed the sentiment from a magazine set straight into the paper and the tree onto some cardstock and raised it up on foam tape to give it some dimension.
Then I added the sequins as a scatter across the whole card. Now off I jog to see what the rest of the team made over at the blog.
Another swap to share… this time some inchies using the following colour palette…
The colour palette reminded me of a sunflower against blue skies.
Here is what I made…
I used blue ink to smoosh the watercolor the inchies in and then stamped using the dark brown archival ink and the Hardwood stamp.
I then added the spotty washi to three of the inchies and strips of the yellow washi to two of the inchies. Into the strips I added the words sun flower.
Then I inked the edge of each inchie and added an embellishment sunflower from the stash. I then arranged them onto the yellow cardstock.
Love this bright and beautiful selection of inchies.
It’s been a while since I’ve joined in with the Postcard Art swap just because I’ve had so much going on… but this month I’m back in the gang and the theme was Cats or Dogs.I went for cats for my postcard though and used my Cats meow Mama Elephant stamps. I just adore these clustered group big stamps (I’ve got the dog and snowman one too!)I stamped it and masked it and added a few more kitties to the back of the crowd including one with a sign saying hi! Then I watercoloured them using a mix of distress inks.The distress inks I used I had pressed onto my glass mat and then sprayed water onto it and smoothed another piece of water colour card onto it to create the background…. a great way of keeping the colours the same!I then added the meow words on the background and edged the panel. The top panel I trimmed down a bit so it would be smaller than the base to show the inky background and edged that too.Once I had adhered it I then added glossy accents to some elements like the sign, the heart, the monacle. This gives them a raised and glossy finish.Love how this came out and how cute these kitties are!Happy crafting!Catherine
The theme of the swap was eyes so I decided to use the Jane Davenport face stamp where you can choose the features. I’ve not used this stamp much but loved creating these three ATCs using the stamps.
I started with some mountboard cut using the Bigz die and gave it a coat of gesso. Then I dry brushed on some neutral colours of Paperartsy fresco finish paints (buff and taupe). I also added some of the smoked paprika so break up the background and because I knew I wanted to incorporate that into the hair colour too.
I then stamped using sepia ink the face and then the features using different eye stamps for each girls but keeping the lips and nose the same.
Then I added in hair for each using a mixture of browns and oranges. I also added colour to the lips and then the eyes I chose a teal/blue colour that really stood out.
I then used Inktense pencils and a waterbrush to add more definition to the eyes and some shading.
I also added a bit of subtle stamping to the background using yellow archival and a Gorgeous grunge stamp and then added the sentiment from a magazine set in the sepia ink.
I finished by edging them with archival ink to frame the panels.
Love how these came out. So different from everything else I have made recently.
Today I have four coins I made for a swap where the theme was Birds.
I decided to paper piece my birds using some fun papers I had on my desk. The stamp was from a magazine freebie. I stamped the image onto the coins I die cut from mountboard and then again onto four papers twice. Then I had fun cutting them out and piecing them together.
I then stamped the branches and leaves around the birds and gave them feet where they could be seen. I then took some word stamps and stamped them onto the patterned paper and cut them out. I edged each coin and also gave each bird a bit of a shade border.
I also coated each birds head and wings with some Wink of Stella to give them some shimmer.
Love the modern and fun look these coins have.