Final two cards made from the basket challenge… yes I managed 12 in total!
This one took a bit of time to make as I used glossy texture paste over the inking and that takes a while to dry. I started with a mop up piece of card from spritzing the gelli plate. Then I added the stencil and added more ink before then adding the paste over the top.
I then decided to use the small Jofy flower stamp onto bookprint and used brusho to add colour.
I added gems to the centre of the flowers. Love how the stencilling is all glossy and raised.
This one is a simple case of paint added to the background, onto which I had added a strip of bookprint, and then some stencilling. I then added the stamping to the front and used the white embossing powder.
I added some pink and white posca pen doodling too!
So that’s the 12 cards I made…
… not bad considering they were all made in the course of one afternoon!
Loved this challenge… and ended up with a smaller pile of stuff on the desk at the end. (See below). It was much easier to tidy up as I hadn’t been getting lots out and so could easily put it back so will definitely have another go at this again in future.
With a reduced amount of supplies or colours you have to just get on with the creating. It really helps!
Ooops… I forgot to finish off sharing the cards I made when following the basket challenge back in February… so I have a couple more to share today.
This one I started with the purple brushos which I applied to a wet piece of card. I then added two layers of music print, one of which I added paint to, and both I edged with black.
Next I added a fabric stamped element from the stash of embellishments I had placed in the basket. I also decided to alter the canvas sticker heart with embossing using the baked texture embossing powder. After adding a couple of layers, I then stamped the text stamp and added white embossing powder. This created an interesting effect when heated as it absorbed into the Deep Sea one.
I also added the white embossed sentiment.
Love how it came out.
This next one is completely different but also uses one of the canvas sticker hearts.
The background I stamped the Gummiapan text stamp in paint but made sure I only stamped part of the image. I then edged the panel with the same paint.
Next I used a piece of book print which I had used to remove some ink from a gelli plate when creating a previously shared card. I added this to a tag and then edged it with a posca pen.
The heart I coloured with the blue paint and then added the posca outline. Once again I added the white embossed sentiment and then some gems to finish off.
Love these Hearts… so versatile.
Photos didn’t show off the colours properly… so here are daylight photos…
Hello… me again… more cards from the basket challenge…
This started life as a gelli print, as did the second card I am sharing and both of them I used Kim Dellow stamps as the focal points.
I used a layer of stamping onto the gelli print background… and then added the set of funky flowers. I also stamped the flowers onto book print and then coloured them using the brushos. I made sure that they were highly pigmented to create the really intense colour.
More posca pen doodling also added to the panel to create a frame.
I also added the little canvas tag and some twine to finish off.
Here is a better picture in daylight…
This second one I added some stencilling, to which I added doodling and I used the same trick of adding the flower heads as another layer of book print coloured with brushos.
This time the tag is a corrugated card one I coated with blue paint and added some embossing too.
I needed to add posca pen to the flowers too to ensure they had the same impact as the doodled stencilling.
And again another picture in daylight…
So that’s half the cards I made shared… Will share more again in a few days.
More of the cards I made crafting out of one basket of supplies.
This one was lots and lots of layers of paint and then after stamping the flower I created a mask and overstamped using black versafine the Badass artchick stamp which gave a fab background. I decided the flower needed to look different though so stamped it onto bookprint and used the brushos to colour it.
Once dry I fussy cut it out and added it to the card and added posca pen doodles.
I kept the card quite simple as it was such an intense background and focal image so just added doodled lines.
The next one I took the same image and made a very different looking card.
This time i stamped the image onto a piece of paper I had been using to add paint to the previous background. It was originally a piece of map paper so very smooth and originally glossy.
I again added posca doodles.
I chose to add it to a piece of card I had simply stamped one background stamp on and then edged.
To the card I then added some embellishments… a little corrugated tag, and some chipboard hearts I had given the embossing powder treatment using the Deep sea baked texture embossing powder.
A much more simple card but equally fun using the large flower image from Jofy.
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their March artwork.
I wanted to use the March hare for this which is a Sheena stamp and after stamping in archival I added light brown brusho and lots of water… I love the way the colour separates and moves across the page.
Once it was dry I used some spectrum noir pencils to add definition to the image and stamped the month (Paperartsy stamp).