This was a piece of book print on which I added lots of distress oxides keeping to the lime and the blue. I really love twisted citron.
I used stamping and added water to blend the colours.
I then added the stamped floral image from Alpaca Pals. I used a Pitt pen in grey to add shading to the image which gave it some more emphasis. I then added the sentiment to the card blank and some gems for added bling.
This is also using the twisted citron distress oxide for the background. I added stencilling and stamping.
I then added the stamped fabric panel, a painted canvas tag and the embossed butterfly embellishment.
Love these two twisted oxide dominated cards.
And here are the daylight photos to show the colours properly…
Ooops… I forgot to finish off sharing the cards I made when following the basket challenge back in February… so I have a couple more to share today.
This one I started with the purple brushos which I applied to a wet piece of card. I then added two layers of music print, one of which I added paint to, and both I edged with black.
Next I added a fabric stamped element from the stash of embellishments I had placed in the basket. I also decided to alter the canvas sticker heart with embossing using the baked texture embossing powder. After adding a couple of layers, I then stamped the text stamp and added white embossing powder. This created an interesting effect when heated as it absorbed into the Deep Sea one.
I also added the white embossed sentiment.
Love how it came out.
This next one is completely different but also uses one of the canvas sticker hearts.
The background I stamped the Gummiapan text stamp in paint but made sure I only stamped part of the image. I then edged the panel with the same paint.
Next I used a piece of book print which I had used to remove some ink from a gelli plate when creating a previously shared card. I added this to a tag and then edged it with a posca pen.
The heart I coloured with the blue paint and then added the posca outline. Once again I added the white embossed sentiment and then some gems to finish off.
Love these Hearts… so versatile.
Photos didn’t show off the colours properly… so here are daylight photos…
Hello… me again… more cards from the basket challenge…
This started life as a gelli print, as did the second card I am sharing and both of them I used Kim Dellow stamps as the focal points.
I used a layer of stamping onto the gelli print background… and then added the set of funky flowers. I also stamped the flowers onto book print and then coloured them using the brushos. I made sure that they were highly pigmented to create the really intense colour.
More posca pen doodling also added to the panel to create a frame.
I also added the little canvas tag and some twine to finish off.
Here is a better picture in daylight…
This second one I added some stencilling, to which I added doodling and I used the same trick of adding the flower heads as another layer of book print coloured with brushos.
This time the tag is a corrugated card one I coated with blue paint and added some embossing too.
I needed to add posca pen to the flowers too to ensure they had the same impact as the doodled stencilling.
And again another picture in daylight…
So that’s half the cards I made shared… Will share more again in a few days.
My lovely and super creative friend Chris runs a group on Facebook called mini marvels. To start our mojo off she challenged us to create from a basket of goodies we were urged to put together over a few days… e.g. choose three colours of distress oxide and three paints in the same colours on one day, grab stencils and stamps on another. Once the basket/bag was full we had to stop.
Here was my filled basket.
And when tipped out onto the desk there was a lot to choose to play with. We were allowed one thing extra we forgot and three main tools… pens and basic tools were ok. My main tools were a paper trimmer, heat tool and gelli plate.
I decided the thing I wanted to make were cards suitable for teenager girls as I had run out in my stash and the theme for my focal image stamps was flowers so this influenced what I could do for some of my cards. I had also chosen some butterfly greyboard embellishments so they got used too.
So I won’t share all of the cards I made today… hopefully over the next couple of weeks you will see them all.
I will share the first two I made here today though.
I started with a distress oxide smooshed background and built up some layers of stamping. I also added some posca pen doodling.
The butterfly I painted and then added the Deep Sea embossing powder to create a shiny embellishment. I gave it a piece of bookprint to sit on and added some gems and the sentiment label.
Love how zingy this is.
The next one is similar in terms of background was started in the same way. But this one I added stencilling plus different stamping.
The star was a textured finish embellishment which I added layers of the Deep Sea embossing powder to. It maintained it’s texture but love the glossy finish.
Hope that you aren’t bored of these “male” themed cards I made for my parents… there are quite a few to come which is why I am splitting them up over a few weeks.
Today’s card again uses a glossy paper distress oxide as the background to the stamped images, however I changed it up a little and decided to cut the images out and add them to a card with a panel of distress oxide stamped with an acrylic block.
Thought this looked a little different!
I used the Half Full stamps, not used these for ages! Fun sentiments!