Today I have a tag I made for the UK stampers forum swap.
I chose to use some bright autumnal coloured paints as the bottom later and then sone crackle glaze with a grey paint on the top.
Then I added some stamping with the dictionary stamp.
I then decided to add the little Gorjuss girl stamp.
After cutting her out and colouring her, I decided to paper piece her dress from matching orange painted paper.
I added splashes of the Art Alchemy sparks paint to the background behind the girl and then added the sentiment and then some doodles of white paint pen.
I added sari ribbon to the top and decided it was finished.
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their November artwork.
I decided to create a background using Paperartsy fresco finish paints and then chose a Visible Image stamp to emboss onto the background.
I wanted some contrast and chose some washi tape and a strip of alcohol inked glossy cardstock to go down one side.
Then to add some shimmer I stamped the smile for the same stamp set using Sparks paint. Love the shimmer to this. Finished off with the month stamp from Paperartsy.
These coins were an experiment really … I was just playing and this is what resulted…
I started with a paint background and added stencilling, then some more paint using a bottle lid and a credit card. Next I did some doodling.
And then I decided it looked a little like a sunset and added the silhouette tree.
Like how these came out and hope the recipients do too as they are for the UK Stampers Forum swap.
This month the theme over at my Artist Trading Coins UK swaps group is “the eyes have it”.
And this is what I made….
I used the a text stamp and some grey paint for the background and then edged the coins with the same grey. Then I stamped the faces using Jane Davenport stamps and drew in the hair.
Next I watercoloured the faces using stampin write markers. I love how different choice of colours for the hair and eyes changes the faces.
Next I added the Tim Holtz stickers to finish off.
Love how these finished up.
Tonight I had lots of fun creating painty layers for Christmas cards with my friends. I made the background a few days ago but finished these sample cards just before my friends arrived… and then I got to make more tonight.
I haven’t got the best of pics for the finished articles tonight so will take those tomorrow and post again then!
So let’s start with how I made them.
First I made a background… layers of paint brayered and scraped on, then stencilling and stamping and doodling and more stencilling.
Next I cut that into panels… this 12 x 12 can make 9 backgrounds but I chose not to do that many… I instead have 2 ATCs and 7 backgrounds.
Next I painted panels onto white cardstock and then heat embossed the images using white embossing powder.
Then I chose how to layer up the card, matching images I fussy cut to the panels…
And that is where I got to before tonight.
Well then I added some die cut frames and panels and sentiments to finish them off before adhering them to white card blanks…
I also added sequins… which was the inspiration for the colour scheme originally.
Sorry that I don’t have a close up yet… but will do that tomorrow morning and upload the photos then.
Also I have the panel and cards i made tonight… then same colour scheme and stamp set…
The only difference is rather than the pink cardstock for the die cut frames I used pearlescent cardstock instead… so lovely.
Some of the ones I made tonight need sentiments to finish… but pleased with them all! I’ve got three not quite finished and on card blanks to go too!
I have a page I made in a circle journal for our lovely organiser, Chris.
I decided I wanted to add dimension on the page so after a coat of black gesso and some strips of paper I added the stencilled words using the iridescent medium. I then heat set them so they got the bubbly texture.
Then I went to town with paints in a mixture of translucent and opaque.
I also did lots and lots of splatters!
I decided that I wanted to create a garden of the Darcy trees so I stamped and painted them on white and then fussy cut them out.
Once they were glued into place I also added shading and white highlights.
I then decided to add glossy accents to the dots on the tree and this has given them a fun three dimensional finish.
Next I added the title using Dina Wakely tissue paper. Love this!
Finally I added white dots around the page as as border and to add some details.