Today I am sharing the collection of twinchies I made for the coin group recipients. I kept them all similar in terms of stamped and coloured butterflies using pencils as my medium and then washi and card for the background. But they all still were individual and in little sets to keep me from boredom!I started with all the colouring, all done in front of the tv!Didn’t use posh pencils just some crayola and Whsmiths own brand ones.Then cut them out … most I did by hand, some I punched with a circle punch.Then I started making up the twinchies from card scraps I had on the desk and using different washi tape (and in a couple of cases some gelli printed bookprint that was on the desk!).I kept on going with this idea until I had enough for all the recipients!A real kaleidoscope of butterflies!Happy crafting!Catherine
Another circle journal to share with you today, this time for Tricia.
It is a lovely Kraft background to work on so I decided to go for a white gesso messy background.
In addition to the gesso dry brushing I added some stamping in white craft ink. I used a mixture of stamps from Hot Picks and this gave me a nice finish.
Next I started pulling papers and ribbons from my stash and putting them together as I fancied a layered piece and plenty of sewing. So out came the sewing machine.
Then I got the Neocolours out and added some shading and definition to the layers and added some details.
Next I started bringing together the focal images and started building up the pages. I decided to add images from the stamped fabric stash from our weekend with James Sharpe. I think Tricia (who I was lucky enough to sit opposite all weekend) would appreciate seeing me using them.
I also grabbed tags from an Artful Days kit and added them in, but before they made it into the final pages I added distress inks to change the colour a little. I also decided to add some more details to the layers with a bit of stamping and added some shimmery watercolour to add a different texture, oh and I moved things round a little on the final pages so that Albert was on the other side!
Next I added rub ons and sentiment stickers to the page. I also added some splattered black soot distress ink and some white pen marks.
And then I grabbed the black puffy paint and added some dots around the pages as embellishments. And I called it finished!
Love how eclectic this is and love that white background behind the pop of lime and teal colours.
Also love all the loose threads that come from me being a messy sewer and the loose edges to the layers. Those rub ons also work well in keeping the layers light and fresh.
Hopefully Tricia likes what I made too… and now it is time for me to start work on the next journal.
This week it was a last minute make for Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog. A full week of being back at work but still not feeling 100% left little time for crafting… plus the challenge of inspired by a carol or Christmas song really … well… challenged me! Lol!
Anyway in the end I went for simple stamping and colouring with promarkers this fabulous Darcy Paperartsy deer and the Jingle Bells opening line…
I also added washi tape at the top for some shine and embellishment.
I also added some white gel pen work to the top of the promarkers colouring.
Hope others had a productive week and came up with a more inspiring contribution. Must make more time for my creativity this coming week.
So I’ve finished off the cards I made at the beginning of the month for the gelli plate play session.
All of them I added shading using a big brush pen and Tim Holtz stickers for sentiments.
Some I added embellishment using sequins, card candi or stickles.
Love all of them and how they feel now they are finished!
This week’s CHNC theme is Use Some Green so I went for a whole bunch of green with this holly wreath I made using Darcy Paperartsy holly leaves.
I stamped them with green inks onto green cardstock and then coloured them in with promarkers.
I also added some highlights with white posca and then a heat embossed sentiment.
Once the stamping and masking was complete it was a simple card to put together.
Now don’t forget to check out the blog and join in with your Christmas card for the week!
The theme for the monthly postcard art swap was to use stencils. So I teamed it up with the gelli print play I had left and made this.
The bottom layer I stencilled green distress ink. The next layer was a gelli print I had created using distress oxides.
Then I stamped the tag from a gelli print on book print and masked off the heart before I added more stencilling using Iridescent medium.
Then I added the Darcy heart that I had stamped and cut out of another gelli print.
Lots of layers and pattern, and a cute little Tim Holtz sticker sentiment to finish off!
I decided to use some of the gelli printing that I created during my session with friends at the beginning of the month for the postcard I made for the UK Stampers forum swap.
I took the panel and added another layer of ink using distress inks in spun sugar and tattered rose. Then I added splashes of water to bleach them out.
Next I used a die cut I got in a swap gift and coated it with embossing powder. This gives it such a fab finish.
Then I added the Darcy heart stamped onto bookprint that I had created on the gelli plate play night.
I then used a stamp I found in the stash I don’t think I have ever used before to finish off as it amused me.