The theme for the swap in December was Christmas trees… here is what I made…
Three coins featuring triangle Christmas trees
I made the coins by die cutting the mountboard and then added some gelli printed patterns using the fresco finish paints.
I then added the triangle trees using post it notes to block out the rest and using a dauber add the paint.
Next I added the doodling with white and black pens and a bit of pink!
Finally the stickers from the stash!
Love how these came out. Hope the recipients liked them too.
I shared the cards I made as part of a play session with my friends a few days ago… well I finished a few off, plus some of the partial pieces I made during the play session too… so here they are.
First off the gelli plate piece. I ended up cutting it down a little and adding a sentiment sticker. I gave this to my cousin and her family when we stayed with them in their new home this weekend.
Next up I added more doodling and a sentiment to the smooshing card.
I also added a sentiment to the card below…
Love how sparkly the black wink of Stella pen gives the centre of the flowers too.
Next I finished off another card that was another smooshed piece that I made on the night using very different colours.
Just love how different this looks… love all the doodling too.
And this time a clear wink of stella flower centre.
Love how I found time to get these finished off! There are a few more to go that I will share on another day!
A couple of weeks ago my friends Karen and Mara joined me for some arty fun and we played with distress oxides (at Mara’s request).
I didn’t do much prep before the session due to a lack of time but managed to get some projects done during the night regardless using the usual techniques for using distress oxides.
Firstly we started with simple stamping!
This was using the Badassartstamps to create a panel in one colour family and then a focal point from some contrast colours with an overlay sentiment.
Second project was to do some blending and stencilling and water reaction.
This card has yet to have a sentiment added but hopefully I will be able to add one soon to finish it off.
Next up I created a background using the fabulous smooshing method.
I also added some stencilling, blended edges and of course the stamped wildflowers.
This was a bit of a two for one card too as I also created this next background by using the photo paper as a mop up.
This makes such a dramatic background and fab way to showcase the Visible Image stamp.
Love how different the same inks look on the different types of substrate.
Finally some gelli plate work onto different substances created this (albeit unfinished) card topper!
Had such a fun time crafting with my friends. Wish we could do this more often, but life is so busy it is not always easy to get together!
When I made the coins I shared last weekend I still had some of the background left… So I made a panel for a card for the swap recipient.
I used the same technique, but without additional stamping in the background and then used another stamp from the set for the sentiment.
Love this! So cute!
Another swap I made last weekend… And this time it was a set of Artist Trading Coins with the theme of animals.
I actually made a bit of a boo boo making this as I actually made three to start with then realised that I should have made four. So had to make another one.
So I started with the background that I made the journey coins from and cut out the coins.
I then added more colour using twisted citron and faded jeans to give them more of a vintage look.
Once they were dry I then added the stamped cats that were outline stamps but wanted to colour them in using a black pen. I then went back over the outline with a black posca paint pen.
I also added more stamping in the background using the tiny stamps that came in the same set as the cats (Making Cards magazine set).
I also framed the coin with the posca pen and some dots.
This last one was the extra one I had to make when I realised that I hadn’t read the requirements of the swap correctly… So glad that there was enough of the background left!
Love these cat coins!
Time to kick off the challenge for the swap group I organise where the challenge this month is “journey”.
I also teamed it with the Birgit Koopsen gel printing challenge on Instagram.
As prompt for yesterday was colours of our flag and so I created a background using candied apple and faded jeans distress oxides and the small square gel press onto mountboard.
I added stamping in the background using some travel themed stamps.
Then die cut the circles and edged them with the faded jeans distress ink.
I then stamped and fussy cut and coloured the focal images.
I also added wink of Stella and some glossy accents to some parts of the campervan.
I love how these came out.
Now to see how others interpret the prompt.