This is a very late posting of the card I made for my ickle cus!
I started this with my friends a few weeks ago using a different colour scheme from the previous version.
I decided to add lovely flowers from the Artful Days Goodie box stash and some sparkly bakers twine as I knew I could personally handover the card when I saw my cousin rather than having to post it.
Love how dimensional this is and those cream sequins really finish off the card.
I shared the cards I made as part of a play session with my friends a few days ago… well I finished a few off, plus some of the partial pieces I made during the play session too… so here they are.
First off the gelli plate piece. I ended up cutting it down a little and adding a sentiment sticker. I gave this to my cousin and her family when we stayed with them in their new home this weekend.
Next up I added more doodling and a sentiment to the smooshing card.
I also added a sentiment to the card below…
Love how sparkly the black wink of Stella pen gives the centre of the flowers too.
Next I finished off another card that was another smooshed piece that I made on the night using very different colours.
Just love how different this looks… love all the doodling too.
And this time a clear wink of stella flower centre.
Love how I found time to get these finished off! There are a few more to go that I will share on another day!
Today starts another month challenge at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog and I am using the same papers I used last month but never got round to doing more than one card until now…
This time I made a few cards.
I kept most of them simple with a little stamped sentiment and a mix of the papers and cardstock behind the large focal images.
I embellished with either sequins, gems or card candi!
Again plenty of this set left… going to try had to get some more made this month.
Carrying on with yesterday’s theme… today’s ATCs all have a sewing theme.
I used the button stamp again over the fluid acrylics for this, along with some sewing zig zags. Then I layered the stamped fabric piece onto some patterned paper and sewed it into place with a mixture of stitches.
This uses the Bronte sisters stamp on acetate and some different fabric backing (canvas and denim cotton) with Paperartsy fresco finish paints and some buttons and lots of hits of sewing to adhere the layers.
This time some different hot picks stamps with the dressmakers model and some text and lace. I started with a background of inks and then stamped the images onto vellum. I then coated the vellum with wax and let it cool.
I then used handsewing (cross stitch) to add more texture.
Love how all three and different but all the same theme.
The theme for this month at UK stampers forum ATc swap was winter… and I wanted to use up some book print I had added Dylusions to so I created these using the book print strips as a background on the black gessoed ATC blanks.
I added the white embossed star and then the sentiment embossed on black card. I also added the copper thread to add more texture.
Love how these came out.
I’m on catch up for a couple of projects I never got round to sharing on my blog… two bunting swaps… one themed Fireworks and the other themed Christmas.
So the fireworks one I used paints to create the background and then did lots of stamping using Paperartsy stamps and a few other random stamps that I thought looked a little like fireworks. For each of them I stamped in distress oxide and then heat embossed with clear.
I then stamped the celebrate in versamark and used a sparkly white powder to heat set that. I added the little banner with good times and then some dots of stickles to add more sparkle and shine.
For the Christmas bunting I went for a patchwork background with different papers…
I then cut it down and sewed each of the seams and round the edge.
I then stamped the Darcy snowflakes and heat embossed them and added the Tim Holtz tree die cuts (these were cut from an alcohol ink background)
Next I created the little hill and stamped the snowman and coloured him with water colours.
I added the snow by using some matt medium and then sprinkling on the embossing powder.
I finished off with a Tim Holtz sticker.
Super happy with these bunting… and how different they both are in style.
Day 2 on the advent cardmaking series and the theme is baubles… after all we need baubles for decorating the tree.
I chose to go painty with this one… here is the video of the process.
I created the tag with a combination of fresco finish paints and Paperartsy stamps by Emma Godfrey… then the baubles using Darcy stamps.
Love the funky nature of this and it works so well with the Winter Frost papers.
And here it is in daylight…