On days like today I’m grateful for having prepped some blog posts ahead of time. I’ve been ill for the past few days and crafting and blogging have not been an option… so sorry for being AWOL! Anyways…
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their June artwork.
I spotted the bright papers in my stash of scraps and decided they would make some perfect border papers. So first I painted the background using Bourganvillia fresco finish paint.
Then I created a border using the scraps of paper. Next I masked them off again to stamp in the background with the Jofy stamp… should have done this before the border was adhered…. would have been so much easier.
Next I added the black border around each bit of the border. I then heat embossed onto the plaid paper the Jofy stamp. I then added shading to it and some white highlights.
Then I added the flower and added more shading so it looks dimensional.
I then heat embossed the sentiment on to the black card and added it.
Love these funky and modern panels.
Here is the tag I made for this month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I started with a gelli printed tag and added tissue wrap and then leftover bits from the gelli printed ATCs I made last month.
This made a colourful and patterned start!
I added some definition using Inktense pencils and a stamped image from Jofy which I embossed.
I then added colour into the image using the Inktense pencils.
I stamped the butterflies onto thick cardstock and watercoloured them using the Inktense pencils.
Next I added the butterflies onto the tag and added Wink of Stella to them to make them shimmer.
I added more white using a gel pen and white embossing for the sentiment.
Added some white ribbon and that’s the tag done.
Another circle journal to share with you today, this time for Tricia.
It is a lovely Kraft background to work on so I decided to go for a white gesso messy background.
In addition to the gesso dry brushing I added some stamping in white craft ink. I used a mixture of stamps from Hot Picks and this gave me a nice finish.
Next I started pulling papers and ribbons from my stash and putting them together as I fancied a layered piece and plenty of sewing. So out came the sewing machine.
Then I got the Neocolours out and added some shading and definition to the layers and added some details.
Next I started bringing together the focal images and started building up the pages. I decided to add images from the stamped fabric stash from our weekend with James Sharpe. I think Tricia (who I was lucky enough to sit opposite all weekend) would appreciate seeing me using them.
I also grabbed tags from an Artful Days kit and added them in, but before they made it into the final pages I added distress inks to change the colour a little. I also decided to add some more details to the layers with a bit of stamping and added some shimmery watercolour to add a different texture, oh and I moved things round a little on the final pages so that Albert was on the other side!
Next I added rub ons and sentiment stickers to the page. I also added some splattered black soot distress ink and some white pen marks.
And then I grabbed the black puffy paint and added some dots around the pages as embellishments. And I called it finished!
Love how eclectic this is and love that white background behind the pop of lime and teal colours.
Also love all the loose threads that come from me being a messy sewer and the loose edges to the layers. Those rub ons also work well in keeping the layers light and fresh.
Hopefully Tricia likes what I made too… and now it is time for me to start work on the next journal.
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their April artwork.
I wanted something a little crazy for this month… so went with the Hotpicks stamps and created a painty background instead.
Love these colours and the number stamps… and the doll and quote are such fun!
Much more mixed media than the other pieces in the calendar so far… hopefully they still like it!
This week it was a last minute make for Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog. A full week of being back at work but still not feeling 100% left little time for crafting… plus the challenge of inspired by a carol or Christmas song really … well… challenged me! Lol!
Anyway in the end I went for simple stamping and colouring with promarkers this fabulous Darcy Paperartsy deer and the Jingle Bells opening line…
I also added washi tape at the top for some shine and embellishment.
I also added some white gel pen work to the top of the promarkers colouring.
Hope others had a productive week and came up with a more inspiring contribution. Must make more time for my creativity this coming week.